Fresno's #1 Garage Door Repair Service
Get A Free Instant Quote Fill The Form Below
When most people think of an automatic driveway gates, they think of mansions and large estates. These homes are often in movies and television and convey to the viewer a sense of wealth and privilege. One may be surprised to find that more than ever, these gates are becoming more affordable and this amenity is extending into the range of an average home. Now in Fresno county, we see these gates being installed in more homes of all price ranges and ages.
One reason this trend is becoming more popular is the attractive gates and automatic openers are available at most big box home improvement stores. When homeowners are out shopping they may see the sticker price on some of these gats and think to themselves “I can afford this!” and they’re right. Most major brands are lowering in price as styles that were once only for a small luxury crowd are now playing into the wallets of middle class homeowners.
These gates that you find in large retail stores come fully assembled and ready to install. But are usually a little too large of a project for a typical buyer. That's where the professionals at Fresno Garage Guys come in. It takes a professional installation service to make sure that electric openers and accessories are installed correctly to ensure that the system operates smoothly for years to come. We want our customers to be informed as possible when it comes to purchasing and installing the large automatic gates to their driveways, so we have some information below that might be useful the next time you are thinking of adding a gate to your home.
Reasons People Install Driveway Gates
You might ask yourself what are the benefits of having one of these gates on my property? Other than to show the neighbors how well you are doing, these gates have tangible value that can actually end up saving you money, or making you money later on down the road.
- Security- From the earliest motes in medieval times and times far earlier, gates and fences have served the purpose of keeping nefarious people out. That same goes with driveway gates. While styles have changed and systems have improved, the main benefit has always remained the same: added security to your property. A driveway gate prevents unauthorized persons and vehicles from entering, and it protects your children that might be playing in your driveway from dangerous situations.
- Curb Appeal- Driveway gates have always had a certain appeal. And now in the modern era with so many choices, there is likely a gate that fits your style and home perfectly. Today’s gates are elegantly designed to be light and stylish. When these gates are installed on your property they can immediately portray a lavish presents and convey wealth and power.
- Increased Property Value- Taking the above benefits into consideration, a driveway gate can potentially add to the value of your home. By increasing the security, you will attract a larger buyer pool that are looking for a more private residential family home.
How Most Gates Operate
Here at Fresno Garage Guys, we believe it's important to understand how your gate works before you make the big decision to buy. Here is an explanation as to some of the most common gate types and how they operate in your driveway.
Choosing The Right Gate For You
We think the best way to choose the right gate for your home is to follow a simple procedure that will let you rule out gates that are out of your price range and do not match you homes needs.
First, you should start looking for a gate style and material that matches your home. Then you can move into the category of size (height) Opening action, and accessories. By using this process of elimination, you can quickly find the most viable options to choose from. Let's talk about a few of these factors:
- Material-the most common gates you are going to come across are going to be machined metal ones. Aluminum, wrought iron, and powder coated steel are among the most popular. While wood is an option, keep in mind that wood is heavier and are not resilient to weather ware issues like cracking and warping over time. Wood might be very attractive in the beginning, but it can lead to major headaches down the road.
- Design- design always comes down to personal preference. Most gates you will see in the residential space are going to have a series of vertical pickets that are inside of a horizontal perimeter frame. While the fixings and flourishes might be different, this is the most popular base as the vertical pickets also provide support to the frame as well as security. Here's a deeper dive into driveway gate styles:
- Flat top- this type of gate is exactly what it sounds like. It's a gate with a flat top and they usually have an upper horizontal rail that is perfectly straight. While these gates can look modern and sleek, keep in mind that the flat top gates can be jumped by trespassers if they are not tall enough
- Arched Top- the more regal of the options. Arch topped gates are higher in the center and slope to the sides giving a designer flourish that conveys more elegant design features. This is by far the most popular style for residential home gates, as the added style does not get in the way of function or security.
The Bottom Line
Whether its family safety, curb appeal, or an increase in property value you are looking for, choosing the right gate to fit your needs is a large undertaking. In Fresno County, gates are becoming more and more common for people starting families. At Fresno Garage Guys we value your time and your wallet. If you are looking for the right gate for your home, call us today and we can help you choose, install and warranty your driveway gate so that you can get back to life and not worry about undertaking a difficult installation.